Wednesday 20 February 2013

LSCC.....OMG.....etc.....

 
With the London Super Comic Con just around the corner - here's a peek at what I will have at my table during the weekend.
 
 
As mentioned in the earlier post - The Grinning Man is an A4 sized, 24-page comic book ghost story about a young boy's journey through his own memory; and his mysterious encounter with the enigmatic 'grinning' man. But as the memory unfolds and the truth becomes darker - the boy is forced to realise that nothing is ever as it seems...
 
 
 
Also available will be an A5 sized Fan Book:
 
 
 Mike Read Has Beautiful Breath is a 24-page collection of my illustrations deriving from popular culture. (There's a double pop culture reference in the title - brownie points to those who spot its origin/s.)

 
 
 
It collects various images of my various fandoms, past and present, blogged and unblogged. Through Film/TV, comics, cartoons, and video games. It also has a sketchbook section containing doodles and sketches showing the inner workings of some of the larger pieces. From Adventure Time to Zombies, and everything inbetween.

 
 
 
 
 
I will also be bringing along this little fella...
 
 
 
As well as shoes I have been painting on t-shirts, and the little Mite from Ni No Kuni and others will be available at my table throughout the weekend. SO, if you're looking for 30 seconds to kill whilst you chew on a falafel or whatever - why not come visit me? I'll most probably be the one scowling or snoozing in a corner somewhere...or perhaps I'll be the one waving at you frantically like a mad person. Who knows?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment